1 butternut squash (you’ll have enough for 2-3 flatbreads or you can freeze for later!)
1 stick Casco Bay Creamery Butter for each squash (salted or unsalted)
6 oz. goat cheese
Olive oil (3-4 teaspoons to coat pizza crust)
Sea salt (to taste)
Chives and/or Scallions
Your favorite flatbread, naan or pizza crust
To make butternut squash puree:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and Scoop out seeds
- Cut the peeled squash into ½ inch cubes
- Place the squash on baking sheet
- Add ½ stick of Casco Bay Creamery Butter diced and place on top of the squash
- Roast for 35 minutes or until squash is tender
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool
Putting the Flatbread Together:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Coat flatbread crust with olive oil and sea salt for a base (pesto is a great option too)
- Add generous amounts of the roasted butternut squash
- Add generous Tablespoon dollops of goat cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese becomes golden brown
- After the flatbread is removed from the oven, top with chopped chives, scallions or other herbs that you love
We added caramelized onions to the flatbread. How to make caramelized onions.
To Go Sweet, Add Any of the Following:
Chunks of apples or pears
To Go Savory Add Any of the Following:
Fresh ground pepper
Sharp or “big flavor” cheese, like Asiago, blue cheese or Gorgonzola
This recipe is a fav when we need to clean out the refrigerator, because you can try just about anything on it.
Also in Recipes
This recipe from Casco Bay Creamery is so easy - all you need is our Whipped Cream Cheese, chop up a handful of your favorite veggies and mix it all together. Grab some carrot sticks, chips, or your favorite dipping delivery device and enjoy.
Berry Easy Cheesecake Bites are a great mid day or evening snack. So easy to make, all you need is fruit, graham crackers and some Casco Bay Creamery Whipped Cream Cheese.
Honey Butter Popcorn. Sweet and salty - a combination destined to top popcorn.