8 ounces Casco Bay Creamery Cream Cheese (1 tub)
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese (grated)
16 whole jalapeño peppers (with or without stems)
8 slices of bacon, cut in half crosswise
You’ll need toothpicks too.
- Get your grill going, but you’ll be using lower heat for this recipe.
- Combine all the cheeses and garlic powder together in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and membranes.
- Stuff the cream cheese mixture into the pepper halves.
- Wrap each pepper with bacon and secure it together with a toothpick.
- Place on the less hot portion of the grill cut side down and cook until the bacon starts to crisp (about 6 minutes). Flip and cook on medium-low heat for another 10-12 minutes. Bacon should be cooked, the peppers tender and the cheese melted.
- Options to add to the cream cheese mixture: minced green onions, cilantro, other favorite herbs.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com