When you say "strawberries," we say "summer dessert." Here's a recipe we love! The filling is completely no-bake and you have several options for the crust:
- Use a store-bought graham cracker crust
- Use the crust recipe below WITHOUT baking instructions for a soft crust
- Use the crust recipe below WITH baking instructions for a crisper crust
2 1/2 cups ground graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup Casco Bay Creamery Unsalted Butter (melted)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Casco Bay Creamery Unsalted Butter
4oz Casco Bay Creamery Cream Cheese
8oz Cool Whip
2 cups strawberries (hulled & halved)
Note: The recipe below includes baking for a crispier crust. If you would like a completely no-bake dessert, you can skip baking for a softer, crumbly crust that will need to be refrigerated until the dessert is served.
- Preheat oven to 300ºF
- Mix 1/2 cup of melted butter and finely ground graham cracker crumbs together until blended well. (Remember to leave 1/2 cup of butter from the complete recipe for the filling.)
- Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into a 9x9 square pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
The remaining graham cracker crumbs will be used as a topping.
- Blend the strawberries in a blender or food processor, pulsing just enough to break them into smaller pieces.
- In another bowl, use a mixer to beat the softened cream cheese and softened butter together until creamy.
- Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Turn up the mixer and beat well for a minute or so.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of the strawberries and stir in with a rubber spatula. Spread the cream cheese and strawberry mix over the crust.
- Fold the remaining strawberry chunks into the Cool Whip and spread on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture on top - or add a strawberry slice or two!
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Keep refrigerated until you cut into squares and serve! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from https://amandascookin.com/strawberry-dream-dessert/