Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Casco Bay Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packets rapid rise (instant) yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup Casco Bay Butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 4 oz Casco Bay Creamery cream cheese , softened
- 4 tbsp Casco Bay Butter , softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoon milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Make the Dough
- Combine butter, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Once mixed well, add egg and mix until combined.
- Mix in flour and rapid rise yeast, stirring. Combine in milk and continue to mix.
- Once you have a soft and smooth dough, remove it from the bowl and place on a lightly floured counter.
- Knead 10-12 times then place the dough into a well-oiled bowl. Cover. Let dough rise for at least ½ hour (the dough should almost double in size during this time)
- When the dough has risen, punch it down and let it rest for five minutes.
- Remove the dough and place on a lightly floured countertop.
- Roll into a 14 x 8-inch rectangle (approximately).
- Generously rub/brush the rolled dough with butter. You can also carefully use a spatula.
- Mix together the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle it over the buttered dough.
- Roll up from long side, keeping the roll tight. Cut into 12 evenly-sized cinnamon rolls and place in a pan that has been brushed with butter (13 x 9-inch pan).
Then, just wrap tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until the morning when you can surprise your mom.
In the morning...
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator 60 minutes before you want to start baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes (or until lightly browned). While they are baking you’ll have time to make the frosting (below).
- Remove from oven and frost.
Make the Frosting
- Mix softened cream cheese and softened butter.
- To the cream cheese and butter mixture, add vanilla, salt and milk and mix.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until smooth and creamy.
Adapted from: Love from the oven