September 11, 2019
Try this delicious zucchini bread with the boost of butter already added to the recipe. Of course, we wouldn’t blame you if you also wanted to spread your favorite Casco Bay Creamery flavored butter on top when the bread is warm from the oven.
1 cup (2 sticks) Casco Bay Creamery Butter, melted and then cooled to room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cup grated zucchini (about three medium zucchinis)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease the inside of the pan on all sides and set aside.
- Melt butter and then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the granulated sugar, dark brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Then stir in the beaten eggs until evenly combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the large bowl.
- Use a box grater to grate zucchini. You can grate around the seeds and discard them.
- Fold the grated zucchini into the batter until it’s evenly combined.
- Pour the zucchini bread batter into the loaf pan. Bake in a 325º F oven for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool the bread for 10 minutes before turning it upside down and removing it from the pan. Allow it to cool completely for about an hour on a cooling rack before slicing.
Adapted from https://simpleseasonal.com/recipes/zucchini-bread-with-butter-and-brown-sugar